In order to register your child for preschool, all of the following must be turned in together: registration form, all completed enrollment forms(see below to download the forms, or fill out online), registration fee, tuition payment (if applicable), current immunization form #3231 and copy of birth certificate. If you are registering online, you may pay your enrollment fee through Online Giving, or you can bring a cash or check to the Front Office. Please be sure to turn in your current immunization form #3231 and copy of birth certificate by the first day of school. If these items are not received by then, your child will not be able to attend until the Director has received them.
Our Age Requirement Policy requires that a child be the age of that class by September 1st. No exceptions will be made. Why can’t we be flexible with this date?
1. It’s the Georgia state law and the policy of the Archdiocese of Atlanta’s Catholic Schools.
2. Our main purpose at St. James Preschool is to provide an educational foundation for each child so that they will have long term success in their upcoming school years.
3. Research shows that “play-based” learning develops a child’s independence, maturity level, vocabulary, curiosity, problem-solving skills, gross and fine motor skills development and most importantly allows them to learn how to regulate their emotions.
4. A child that may be “capable” academically does not necessarily mean that they are socially and emotionally mature.
5. To honor the integrity of the “age-at-entrance” policy, we will not make exceptions for children that do not make the cut-off date. Allowing them to experience repeating a year will only benefit them as they gain maturity and age-appropriate experiences.
2021-2022 School Closing Dates
2021 Class Supply Lists
Preschool Staff Job Application Forms:
Return to Preschool Home Page